Monday, June 14, 2010

Naxos Day Three

It saddens me to report that the taverna, apparently, doesn't do dinner until July. I cannot express the disappointment I felt upon finding this out last night! I am longing for the nights of endless greek salad, souvlaki, free fries and (even more free) wine. Moreover, Katherine has never seen that side of Naxos, so I am additionally bummed that she will not be able to experience it.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, Gabriel (English speaking son of the taverna family and therefore default translator) is not here, so we have no way to communicate with the children! Despite this, they still say "hello!" every single time we walk by.
Today we went to Plaka beach, spent a lot of time in the water because it was so hot. Glad I can be complaining about the heat, for a change. Not too much else to report on!

No comments:

Post a Comment