Sunday, June 6, 2010

Best Sunday

Today I went to Caravan for brunch with Miranda, Adria, and Adria's friend Marissa. I had the Caravan Fry Up which is perhaps the most "boring" thing on the menu, but all the ingredients are top notch so it's not just your average breakfast. It will be my last Caravan brunch! le sigh. I'm about to be having a lot of "lasts" here in London, as well as a bunch of rushing and running errands... 
But on the bright side, today was really great!

After brunch Adria, Marissa and I went to the Camden Green Fair, which took place in Regent's Park.

There were a ton of people there, way more than I had expected. With live music, and tons of stalls, activities, etc...

Some kids painting at one of the many arts and crafts tents.

Adria in Whoville!

Kids inspecting the animals



Bicycle powered sound system

After the fair we headed down to Brixton to the Juniper Leaf album launch (flyer pictured below). I was mainly interested in seeing The Magic Lantern. I had stumbled upon them at Clerkenwell Design Week and thought they were wonderful.



There was free BBQ involved! (Shayna, Marissa and Adria)

Steph Hannah and Dory (who didn't make it into this photo) met up with us there as well.

Watching one of the outdoor performances.

It quickly became apparent that we were the only people here who weren't the friends of any band, and as a group of seven Americans we definitely stuck out. Regardless, it was a grand ol' time. I wish I had more photos of the bands and such, alas, it is difficult to take lots of photos in an intimate setting without feeling like a huge jerk. Adria also took some photos, including a series of "Africa burger." I unknowingly ate my burger in such a way that its remainder bore a pretty remarkable resemblance to the African continent. Perhaps I'll post these at a later date.
It turned out that only the lead singer of The Magic Lantern would be performing, but he was great solo. I wish I had heard of them earlier in my stay in London, but I am happy to have found them at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment