Thursday, June 17, 2010

I forgot to mention in my last post that yesterday while on the bus, we heard a greek song which sampled " sound of da police," but the rest of the song was totally not fitting and sounded more like a ballad. It. Was. Hilarious.

Today we went back to our favorite beach (that is within the reach of the Naxos bus public bus system), Plaka. We now frequent the same umbrella man. Yesterday I forgot my floaty tube, but I am happy to say that umbrella man saved it so I got it back today!

 After the beach we got souvlaki pita and then went to watch the Greece - Nigeria game at the 4 euro drink place (though now more and more of them seem to be 4 euro places). We got frozen strawberry daiquiris which were decent. The game was pretty fun to watch, particularly since it was being broadcast in Greek, so the announcers were yelling A LOT. Katherine and I missed the first (Nigerian) goal because we were 20 minutes late, and of course there was not a single replay of it. In addition the bar next door seemed to be getting their broadcast with a three second delay, thus it was funny to hear everyones reactions: gasps, clapping, etc... three seconds after ours. We were all like yeah, old news guys.

Tomorrow is our last day before our weekend car-based excursions... exciting! That being said, after tomorrow I probably won't be online till Monday. I know I know, that's just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment