Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day Two in Naxos

So last night Katherine and I went to a bar with an outdoor area and TV where we watched the England-USA game surrounded by England fans (some even wearing jerseys). Though we weren't really planning to root for anyone (and I was particularly torn given America's general listlessness toward soccer, and my recent relationship with the UK), after England scored a goal in the first four minutes we couldn't help but root for the "underdog."

Today we went to Agia Anna, and it was glorious. We went in the water a bunch, and despite my manic reapplying of SPF 50 I am still getting tan and at times I am suspicious that a sunburn is creeping. I am currently reading a book I found at the house called "The Summer of My Greek Taverna," which needless to say, is quite appropriate. Tonight Katherine and I are going to eat at the Galanado taverna for the first time this trip! I am excited for fries and greek salad (maybe even a millionth souvlaki).

There is a dude currently chainsmoking in the internet cafe and I am sensing the beginnings of a headache. He is the axis of evil, so I must go before I go homicidal on his ass.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment