Friday, March 19, 2010

Playing catch up...

I have gotten requests (okay, just one) to update my blog, which was surprising since I often think no one is reading—I mean, even my mom forgets about my blog, and she's supposed to be an unconditional fan, right?

Two weekends ago I went to visit Adria in Oxford, here are the coveted photos. The day I got there I was feeling rather sick, thus it was a rather low key weekend, but the weather was beautiful and unlike my ice box in London, Adria inhabits a cozy dorm room with heating, so it was altogether quite pleasant.

This is Adria's dorm that's right on a river (stream? canal?). You can hear ducks quacking from her dorm room, and apparently sometimes canoers pass by her window.

The river


On my first full day in Oxford we went to go "see" the rowing races (we didn't in fact see much of the racing), it was crazy to see how big a part of the University culture rowing was.

This is the "boat house" for Adria's school (she was on the crew team last semester)



More boat houses

The city center in the distance


We walked around the city and well.. these cupcakes looked amazing.

The "scene"


Some of the fudge we sampled

More of the scene


This street won as one of google maps' most scenic street awards!



This is where we went for breakfast on the day I left

The week which followed my Oxford getaway involved two presentations and two papers, but I survived and I am done with schoolwork until finals! It has been an amazing relief. Since then I have been indulging in my two loves: food and coffee. Though I still have class for another week, it's been nice not to have any obligations, and the lovely weather has allowed me to spend a lot of time outdoors!

Hannah and I went on a walk in Primrose Hill, caught a glimpse of the zoo (on the right)

Roxanne and Hannah in Regents Park (proof I sometimes hang out with other people)

Adria also stayed with me for a couple of days before her spring break travels, and she left me with this useful note


Okay! Lastly, I went to an awesome installation at the Barbican with Miranda and Roxanne today. The video below sums it up. Let me just note that you actually get to be in the same room as these birds, and they're flying all around you! It was so cool, and it's open till the end of May so I hope to take some of you lucky visitors there!

2 comments:

  1. that exhibit looks awessommmee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went back to the barbican today, i wanted to show my sister. the birds were in full swing.

    ReplyDelete