Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello from Stockholm!

It's my last full day in Stockholm, though our flight to Oslo isn't till 9:50pm tomorrow! These first few days of travel have been a lot of fun, but also exhausting and hard on my feet!
I want to update with details but I won't be able to upload photos until I am in Poland, which makes it much harder, so I think I'll wait.

A brief story, last night at around 5am the fire alarm went off in our hostel because someone burned a roll and the whole kitchen was smokey. Lucky for us, our hostel has no windows (there are a few skylights). Few things in life are less enjoyable than waking up to a fire alarm and the smell of smoke, particularly in a foreign country. One of the employees turned off the alarm and opened the back door to air the place out, but I was still a bit paranoid about the air quality in our windowless room. All was well in the end, but it wasn't the best night of sleep. Our new roommate didn't arrive until about 2am prior to the alarm, and our other roommate was particularly rowdy getting dressed this morning. This is, however, the only time we will be sharing a room with strangers, so despite the fear of fire, it's been quite alright. The hostel is small but clean and has a kitchen which has allowed us to save some money.

Okay, not sure why I chose to write about that particular event, not exactly the most riveting from all of Stockholm, but perhaps the most recent occurence which stands out. More (interesting) posts to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment