Monday, November 2, 2009

Hip hip, hooray!

At long last, I am no longer homeless! I've finally got a decent-sized room that I can call my very own. I have already started making my nest (which I am sure comes as a surprise to absolutely no one). I'm not done, but it's looking a lot more like home already. The rest of the hall itself is pretty drab, and the hallway outside my door smells like the home of a 75 year old chain smoker, but hey, I think this is as close to heaven as it gets for a student in London. I do have one small complaint. I have no kitchen/glass/silver/dinnerware of any sort, which means all meals for now will have to be prepared using only my hands and a cheese grater. I am not quite creative enough for that challenge so hopefully I will manage to find some cheap kitchenware stat.
My lair with abnormally high ceilings:



During the day you can see my lovely view of a brick wall, with some trees above it.

I should probably keep that food in the kitchen...

I needed to have at least one vase, alright? Let it go.


This year I did diddlysquat for Halloween (translation: worked on a paper and watched desperate housewives). A drastic improvement from the past two years so I'm not disappointed. During the day I went to the brick lane area for the first time with Hannah and Austin. There was supposed to be a "day of the dead" parade of sorts but it was kind of a flop, so we just walked around a bit.

Hannah


Ever since I was on the tube yesterday and a subway performer was playing a kenny G-esque version of this song, it's been stuck in my head. I've been wanting to stop in the middle of the street and just belt it out and start dancing, but I have thus far resisted.

What else? Steffani was back in London for a couple of days before heading off to Rwanda.
We finally went to Harrods

Where we rode the egyptian escalator

saw the pet kingdom

and I tried on shoes I cannot afford.


The following day we went out with Hannah and my friend Miranda from middle school, the night is best summed up by the comic which Steffani created:


My first paper is due this Thursday and I am heavily procrastinating... but now I shall try and focus. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the update! Thats about how my halloween was except I watched The Orphan (good fun) instead of desperate housewives. I LOVE YOUR ROOM its undeniably ADORB! I wish I could come visit. btw LOL on the "pet kingdom" pic...its such a Joanna face. Maybe the smoke smell will subside otherwise I would suggest a "renuzit" air sanatizer because it uses citrus to neutralize the air and it smells faboolowse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a pedophile? I knew there was a reason we were friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically.. my friend Hannah was telling everyone that they were pedophiles. You should totes come visit in may or june!

    ReplyDelete